How to Apply
- The first ten pages of the novel you plan to work on in the Novel Generator.
- A brief personal statement (300 words maximum) describing your novel idea, and why you think the Novel Generator can help you write it.
- Nomination by a GrubStreet instructor or equivalent workshop leader. No letter is necessary. There is a place on the application form to list your nominator and his/her contact info.
- Experience in at least one workshop at GrubStreet or an equivalent writing center, MFA program or conference. There is a place on the application form to list the titles & dates of previous workshops.
- Application deadline: December 2nd, 2019
- Accepted students will be notified in mid-January, 2020
- Program starts on Tuesday, January 21st
Tuition and Fellowships
The cost of the program is $2,195, payable in full before the start of class. Admitted students will be given a specific payment deadline.
Fellowships of 25% - 75% tuition are available and based on a combination of merit and financial need. Applicants can apply for a GrubStreet Fellowship at the end of the Novel Generator Application.