Upcoming Classes Taught By BIPOC Instructors
Did you know? We have a ton of upcoming classes taught by BIPOC instructors. Take a look at our list of upcoming seminars and multi-week classes below and register today. Scholarships are available!
- Writing Your Life with Vanessa Martir, starting 11/7 (Online: Zoom) – Waitlist
- The Art of Conversation with Peter Medeiros, starting 11/9 (Online: Zoom)
Short Classes and Events
- Finding Your Voice on the Page with Vanessa Martir, 11/12 (Online: Zoom)
- Figuring out Your YA Novel: A Genre Workshop with Chaya Bhuvaneswar, 11/12 (Online: Zoom)
- Your Body, Your Story: Writing Miscarriage with Tatiana Johnson-Boria, 11/13 (Online: Zoom) – Free!
- November Grubby Desk Lunch with alex terrell, 11/16 (Online: Zoom) – Free!
- Mortal Combat! Writing the Fight Scene with Peter Medeiros, 11/18 (Online: Zoom)
- Short Film Matinee: Behind the Scenes with Lisa Braxton, 11/18 (In-Person: Seaport) – Free!
- The Mindful Creative: A Grounding Workshop with Black the Creator, 11/19 (Online: Zoom)
- Retelling the Classics with Elizabeth Santiago, 11/19 (Online: Zoom)
- Picture This! (A Generative Workshop) with Theresa Okokon, 11/19 (In-Person: Seaport)
- Writing About Place: The Art of Travel Writing with Shuchi Saraswat, 11/19 (Online: Zoom) – Few spots left!
- From Audience to Critic: Crafting Reviews with Anri Wheeler, 12/2 (Online: Zoom)
- Exits & Entrances: Writing In & Out of Wounds with Asata Radcliffe, 12/3 (Online: Zoom)
- Eyes Wide Open: Observant Writing with Jeni de la O, 12/3 (Online: Zoom)
- Kickstarting your Short Film with Mariona Lloreta, 12/9 (Online: Zoom)
- Where Personal Meets Political: The Art of Writing About Home with Shuchi Saraswat, 12/9 (In-Person: Seaport)
- Write Down the Street: Teresa!!!: The Art of Naming in Our Writing with J.D. Debris, 12/9 (Online: Zoom) – Free!
- Meet Yourself Where You're At: A Gentle Approach to Writing with Claudia Wilson, 12/10 (Online: Zoom)
- Family Trouble: Writing about Relatives with Vanessa Martir, 12/10 (Online: Zoom)
- Home is a Verb: Writing Immigrant Stories with Kayla Degala-Paraiso, 12/16 (Online: Zoom)
- The New Weird Poetry! With Peter Medeiros, 12/16 (Online: Zoom)
- Creating a Cast of Characters in your YA/MG Novel with Elizabeth Santiago, 12/17 (Online: Zoom)
- Exploring Exposition in Film with Paloma Valenzuela, 12/17 (Online: Zoom)
And there’s more! You can browse through upcoming GrubStreet classes on the website here.