Best Social Media Book Sites for Authors and Readers
For many of us book lovers, we love to keep track of books we've read and easily discover new books. We also love to talk about
1. GOODREADS: The biggest book site, owned by Amazon. Integrates with Kindle. Offers networking with friends, book challenges, book cataloging, giveaways.
3. BOOKCROSSING: A book sharing site. Leave a book in the wild and look up books you find.
5. BOOKBUB: Known mostly for eBook deals, the site has expanded to include Author book recommendations and book cataloging.
6. SHELFIE: App only. Photos of bookshelves, book recommendations, social networking.
7. SERIAL READER: App only. The classics delivered to you in bite-sized chunks in a serial format.
8. COMIXOLOGY: Subscription service to thousands of comics, graphic novels
9. LIBIB: Manage your private library of books, movies, music & video games. Power features for libraries.
10. BOOKLIKES: Manage your private library of books, movies, music & video games. Power features for libraries
You can follow me on Goodreads here! And if there is a site that you love that I missed, definitely leave me a comment and let me know.
Crystal King is a 25-year marketing, social media and communications veteran, freelance writer and Pushcart-nominated poet. She is the author of the FEAST OF SORROW, about the ancient Roman gourmand, Apicius, and the forthcoming THE CHEF'S SECRET (February 12, 2019, Touchstone Books) about the famous Renaissance chef Bartolomeo Scappi. Currently Crystal works as a social media professor for HubSpot, a leading provider of Inbound marketing software. Crystal has taught classes in writing, creativity, and social media at Harvard Extension School, Boston University, Mass College of Art, UMass Boston and GrubStreet writing center. A former co-editor of the online literary arts journal Plum Ruby Review, Crystal received her MA in Critical and Creative Thinking from UMass Boston, where she developed a series of exercises and writing prompts to help fiction writers in media res. Find her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or at her website: crystalking.comSee other articles by Crystal King