Thinking of taking an intensive course this year? Interested in taking your short stories or essays to the next level? Ready to write your memoir or novel draft? Check out our upcoming remote open houses to learn more about each of the unique intensive programs below:
Wednesday, June 23rd, 6:00-7:00 PM (EDT)
We’re thrilled to announce that applications are now open for GrubStreet’s first Teaching Fellowship for Black Writers. This yearlong fellowship provides financial and professional development support to two self-identified Black writers interested in teaching classes, participating in events, and working with our instructors and staff to deepen our curriculum.
Ready to take your writing to the next level? Our advanced workshops are limited to 9 students to foster a closer and more rigorous learning experience. Check out our upcoming advanced workshops and apply before the deadline on Monday, May 24th:
- Advanced Revision and Submission Strategies: Fiction with Adam Stumacher
- Advanced Short Fiction Workshop with Caroline Belle Stewart
- Advanced Novel Workshop with Kelly Dalke
- Advanced Memoir Workshop with Xujun Eberlein
- Advanced Essay Workshop with Shuchi Saraswat
- Advanced Poetry Workshop with Brionne Janae
- Advanced Playwriting Workshop with Kira Rockwell
- Advanced Revision and ...
Whether you’re looking to write bite-sized true stories as flash essays, learn what makes projects exciting and marketable to agents, or experiment with new writing at the intersection of different languages and translations, we've got a short class for you this June. As always, scholarships are available for all of the offerings below:
June 4th & 5th
- Mythic Story Structures Series: Literary Alchemy
- The Craft of Memoir: Finding Your Emotional Stakes (2-Part)
- Storytelling Through Film: Screenplay Structure
- Retelling the Classics
- Novel Revision Series: Dramatic Structure
- Surprising Yourself in Memoir
June 11th & 12th
Love to write but don't have anywhere to get feedback on your work? Want to meet fellow writers and work under the guidance of published authors? GrubStreet is here to help!
On Thursday, May 20th, we will be hosting a Remote Open House to talk about upcoming Summer 2021 classes!