Refund and Cancellation Policy
GrubStreet classes are for writers 18 years of age and older, and our teen programs are for writers between the ages of 13 and 18. We do not offer programs for writers younger than 13.
The easiest, fastest, and most secure way to register is by doing so online. You may also call Grub Headquarters at 617.695.0075. We also accept checks, money orders, and cash. Please make checks payable to "GrubStreet" and send to:
50 Liberty Drive, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02210
Our workshops often sell out very quickly, so we recommend registering as soon as possible. We process all registrations on a first-come, first-served basis, and do not accept reservations.
Once a workshop is full, it is listed as "SOLD OUT" on our website. Follow the "join waitlist" link to be placed on one. Should someone cancel before the first day of class, we call immediately the first person on the waiting list. In most cases, however, we recommend choosing an alternative class.
Credit & Refund Policy
If you withdraw from a workshop…
- At least 10 business days prior to class: you will receive a credit minus 15% OR a refund minus 30%.
- 9 business days prior to class until 1 business day after: you will receive a credit minus 30%.
- More than 1 business day after class: you will receive no refund or credit.
- Please note that notification of withdrawal must be processed through the office, via a phone call (617-695-0075), voicemail, or email [email protected]. Informing an instructor does not constitute withdrawal.
- If we must cancel a class for any reason, we will give you a full refund or, if you choose, a credit in the amount of your payment, to be used for any future GrubStreet class or event. Any student who does not specify whether they would like a refund or a credit for a cancelled class within 90 days will automatically receive a credit and will no longer be eligible for a refund.
- The refund policy holds regardless of whether the class is sold out or has a waiting list.
- In the event of an emergency, we may consider a refund, in partial or in full. These requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and must be requested through the office as soon as possible after the class date. Appeals will not be considered outside the given term in which the class transpired.
- If you attended an entire seminar, weekend, or multi-week course and found that the content varied significantly from what was outlined in the description, please let us know and we will consider a refund or credit, either partial or in full. We are unable to consider refunds or credits if the experience was “not to your liking,” although we always appreciate thoughtful critical feedback in an effort to improve our offerings.
- If you are a person living with a disability and a class fails to provide reasonable accomodations for learning, we will provide a full refund.
- Credits are valid for seven years from date of issue. They may not be converted into refunds.
- Credits, scholarships, and discount codes cannot be applied retroactively to classes that have already been purchased.
- Membership benefits are valid for a year after date of purchase. Membership benefits may not be applied retroactively.
- Memberships are non-refundable.
- If you decide to withdraw from a class and receive partial credit, you may apply that credit to another workshop, only if that workshop has not yet begun.