Become a GrubStreet member! Membership allows you to take part in GrubStreet's popular workshops and events while exploring all your valuable member benefits —from course discounts to members-only access to write at GrubStreet’s Center for Creative Writing!
Scroll below to learn about our 4 membership levels and benefits. You can join online — it's quick, easy and secure.
Membership provides vital support to GrubStreet's mission and programming. You can become a member, renew an existing membership, or join our Director's Circle online — it's quick, easy and secure.
Individual Membership ($60)
By joining as an individual member, your membership gift provides vital support to GrubStreet's mission and programming.
- Discounts on all workshops, seminars, events, and events.
- Priority notification for GrubStreet classes and events.
- Advance registration for the Muse and the Marketplace (some of the meetings and workshops sell out quickly!).
- Special Members Only access to write, read, or work in the community lounge on the second floor of GrubStreet’s Center for Creative Writing at all times the center is open.
- Access includes wifi, coffee & tea, and printing.
- No need to pre-register!
- Subscriptions to our weekly newsletters, Get Writing and Spreading the Love.
- Subscriptions to The GrubStreet Daily and the Rag.
- Discounted subscriptions to New England Review and Poets & Writers.
- $3 off Monday-night screenings at the Coolidge Corner Theatre.
- 10% discount to Provincetown Fine Arts Work Center summer courses.
- 20% discount to Campfire Technology on the lifetime purchase of Campfire's writing software.
- One time $25 addition to Harvard Bookstore Frequent Buyer Card.
- 10% off: Porter Square Books, Frugal Bookstore, Commonwealth Books, Newtonville Book, Brattle Book Shop, J. Lawton Booksellers, Booklover's Gourmet (Webster), Books on the Square (Providence).
- 8% off: Brookline Booksmith on new full-price books.
Sustaining Membership ($120)
A sustaining membership contribution signals your commitment to GrubStreet’s literary community. When you become a sustaining member you help support all of Grub Street’s programs that celebrate and encourage writers at every level.
As a Sustaining Member you will receive the following benefits:
- All Individual Membership level benefits above, plus:
- One free GrubStreet 3-hour seminar (value: $75).
Muse Membership ($500)
A muse membership contribution signals a dedication for community care of GrubStreet’s literary community. When you become a muse member, your supporting teen and adult writers of all backgrounds across the GrubStreet community more access to free opportunities through your membership gift.
As a Muse Member you will receive the following benefits:
- All Individual and Sustaining Membership level benefits plus:
- One free one-day GrubStreet weekend workshop (value: $150).
Card to Culture Complimentary Membership
GrubStreet is delighted to be participating in the Card to Culture program to increase access to GrubStreet’s programming. Card to Culture is a collaboration that provides free and reduced cost access to cultural institutions across Boston.
Your EBT, WIC, and ConnectorCare card offer you access to a complimentary GrubStreet membership! Card to Culture Members receive all GrubStreet’s Individual Membership level benefits and qualification for financial aid for classes and workshops (tuition will vary). To redeem this benefit, please be sure to mention your participation in the Card to Culture program when applying for a class scholarship, and we can guarantee your scholarship application will be approved as long as there are available seats left in the class.
If you are an EBT, WIC, or ConnectorCare cardholder, please fill out this form to register for your complimentary GrubStreet membership.
GrubStreet offers a Card to Culture Membership as part of the Mass Cultural Council’s Card to Culture Program. This program provides free and reduced cost access to cultural institutions to EBT, WIC, and ConnectorCare cardholders. This benefit is brought to you by a collaboration between the Mass Cultural Council and the Department of Transitional Assistance, Massachusetts Health Connector, and the Department of Public Health’s WIC. See the full list of participating organizations offering EBT, WIC, and ConnectorCare discounts.
Please note that membership benefits are valid for a year after the
Would you like to gift a fellow writer a GrubStreet membership? Click for more information.
Thank you for supporting GrubStreet!