Lit Up Gala
Thursday, October 11, 2018 | 7:00pm-10:00pm
Laugh Boston | 425 Summer St, Boston, MA
Tickets are selling fast. Get yours today!
Join us for a night of bookish fun at GrubStreet's annual narrative arts gala! In doing so, you'll support literary access for writers of all ages, backgrounds, and incomes. In fact, last year, individuals like you helped raise $108,070 to provide scholarships as well as free creative writing workshops to teen and adult writers in low-income communities. With you in attendance this year, even more writers will have access to the mentorship and support they need to develop their craft and share their stories.
Grubby Award winner Clint Smith.
Original musical entertainment.
8x2 Performances: Eight writers. Two minutes each.
- Alysia Abbott (memoirist & GrubStreet instructor)
- Chris Birch (writer & GrubStreet student)
- Emmanuelle Bogomolni (writer & Summer Teen Fellow)
- Marlon Carey (poet & GrubStreet instructor)
- Lillian Ellmore (poet & YAWP Slam Team member)
- Sara Orozco (writer & Memoir Incubator student)
- M.C. Santiago (writer & GrubStreet student)
- Josh Williams (writer & Novel Incubator student)
Delicious food & open bar.
Your host, Joyce Kulhawik.