Lit Up Gala
GrubStreet’s annual literary gala Lit Up is going virtual this year and you're invited! Join us Wednesday, October 7th from 7:30pm - 8:15pm to honor literary advocate and novelist Celeste Ng and help amplify the stories and voices of Black writers and writers of color in Boston.
This year’s event will be live streamed online and will feature:
- Exclusive "behind-the-scenes" with Celeste Ng, our Grubby Award Winner this year and bestselling author of Little Fires Everywhere and Everything I Never Told You.
- Comic Bethany Van Delft as emcee – Named "Best Comic 2019" by Boston Magazine, Bethany has performed at prestigious festivals such as Just for Laughs and is also a regular host and storyteller for the Moth.
- Special Performances from members of GrubStreet's community.
- The chance to bid on exciting items.
- And the opportunity to give to amplify Black writers and writers of color.
“Pay What You Will” Tickets:
Without the typical limited capacity and expenses of an in-person venue, this year’s literary fundraiser will be on a “pay what you will” basis. We hope you'll join the party. Your ticket donation of any amount will go directly to:
- Increased staffing and programs for the Boston Writers of Color Group.
- New writing and teaching fellowships for Black writers.
- Expanded financial aid, with increased awards for Black teen and adult writers.
Read more about the work you're supporting.
This Year’s Grubby Award Winner
The 2020 Lit Up gala will honor literary advocate and novelist Celeste Ng. Ng is the author of the New York Times-bestselling novels Little Fires Everywhere and Everything I Never Told You. Little Fires Everywhere was also recently adapted into an EMMY-nominated TV series that stars Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington. Ng’s writing has been awarded the Pushcart Prize, the Massachusetts Book Award, and fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Guggenheim Foundation, among other honors, and has been translated into more than thirty languages. She lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts. (photo credit: Kevin Day Photography)
Are you interested in hosting or sponsoring Lit Up?
Check out our sponsorship opportunities or contact [email protected] for more information.
Thank you to our host committee and sponsors!