Lit Up Gala
Don’t miss GrubStreet’s annual literary showcase and fundraiser, Lit Up! Your participation in this online event will celebrate our multicultural community of writers and increase equitable access to writing and publishing opportunities. Join us online on September 29th at 7:30pm and you’ll get to enjoy:
- A special appearance by Roxane Gay (below), best-selling author of Bad Feminist, Difficult Women, Hunger, and many others, and recipient of our 2021 Grubby Award.
- Inspired literary performances by GrubStreet community members Boyah Farah, Hassan Sharif, and Milo Todd.
- A sneak peek at GrubStreet’s new center for creative writing in the Seaport.
- The chance to bid on exciting items and experiences (full list coming soon!)
Your participation in and giving to 2021 Lit Up will help:
- expand financial aid for teens and adults to take writing classes and attend the Muse and the Marketplace, GrubStreet’s annual writers’ conference.
- amplify the voices of Black writers and writers of color through increased networking events, retreats, and publishing resources for the Boston Writers of Color Group.
- continue GrubStreet’s new teaching fellowships, which provide financial and professional development support to two self-identified Black writers interested to teach and deepen GrubStreet’s curriculum.
Read more about the impact you’ll have by supporting Lit Up. Thank you for your commitment and generosity to this community of writers.
Do you have a question about Lit Up?
Thank you to this year’s Lit Up committee, hosts, and sponsors!
Lit Up Planning Committee
Jennifer De Leon
Deborah L. Plummer
Maren Anderson & Duke Collier
Kenneth Cohen & Kate Flora
Mary & Patrick Connelly
Sharissa Jones & Daniel Medwed
Jill Ellen Karp
Sondra & Norman Levenson
Novel Incubator Alumni Group
Marc Skvirsky & Mary Keber
Kathy & Patrick Sherbrooke
Sandra & Bob Taylor
Rob Wilstein & Lorri Berenberg
Enrique & Ellen Zuniga
Literary Advocate Sponsors
Jeanne & John Blasberg
Book Lovers Sponsors
Virginia Pye & John Ravenal
Laura Gross Literary Agency
Book Worm Sponsors
Jennifer & Ryan Bouchard
Alexandra Marshall & James Carroll