Grubbie Debut Author Series
GrubStreet and Porter Square Books have partnered for a celebratory new reading and conversation series that goes behind the scenes with members of the GrubStreet community to launch their debut books. These are all authors whose time in GrubStreet’s classes, conferences, and/or events shaped their books in some important way.
In candid conversations with fellow authors, we’ll hear how these Grubbies went from aspiring to published, what inspired and sustained their stories, and how each book developed and changed along the way.
Books will be available for purchase from Porter Square Books.
Thursday, May 6th, 7pm - 8pm | Free | Remote Event
Join GrubStreet student Amanda Davis for the launch of Amanda's debut picture book, 30,000 Stitches: The Inspiring Story of the National 9/11 Flag. Amanda will be joined in conversation by fellow picture-book author Valerie Bolling, with a special appearance by illustrator Sally Wern Comport. Registration link coming soon!
- Dariel Suarez's The Playwright's House launch, June 14th, 2021
- Sebastian Stuart's What Wasn't I Thinking: A Memoir of Rebellion, Madness, and My Mother launch, June 28, 2021
- Hanna Halperin's Something Wild launch, June 29, 2021
- Elizabeth de Veer's The Ocean in Winter launch, July 7, 2021
- Judy Bolton-Fasman's Asylum: A Memoir of Family Secrets launch, September 9, 2021
- M. Soledad Caballero's I was a Bell launch, September 2021
- Boyah J. Farah's America Made Me A Black Man launch, September 2021
- Michelle Bowdler’s Is Rape a Crime? paperback launch, Fall 2021
Are you a Grubby launching your first book after September 2021 or 2022? Was your book or its publication influenced by your time at GrubStreet? If you’d like us to host your debut on our virtual stage — or, eventually, our real-life stage in the Seaport — fill out this brief application form. Our events team will review it and, if we’re able to host you, we’ll then work with your publicist to schedule a date and find a conversation partner.