Short Fiction Essentials Series: Revising Your Draft, Part II
Saturday, October 24th, 10:30am-5:30pm
Level: For Everyone
12 seats max
Congratulations, you’ve got a working draft of your story! It’s time to take stock of what’s on the page and what’s not quite there yet—and revise accordingly. But where do you start? This third course in our series of short fiction essentials will introduce you to basic and advanced revision techniques that will help you polish your work. You don’t need to have taken other courses in this series, but you should come with a draft of a story you’ve been working on.
This class is presented in two parts. Part II will focus on the line level, or the microcosmic concerns of your story, such as sentence structure, dialogue, and other craft elements. You'll complete hands-on revision exercises, and, with the help of the instructor, you'll come up with a revision plan to take your draft to the next level.
You do not need to have taken Revising Your Draft: Part I to take this class.
This is part of GrubStreet's Short Fiction Essentials Series, a series dedicated to the craft and process of writing short fiction from start to finish. Classes include:
- Short Fiction Essentials: Generating the Idea and Committing to It
- Short Fiction Essentials: From Idea to Draft
- Short Fiction Essentials: Revising Your Draft, Part I
- Short Fiction Essentials: Revising Your Draft, Part II
- Short Fiction Essentials: Final Draft
- Short Fiction Essentials: Submitting Your Story
Previous Students Say
- "Inundated with Great Info"
- "Supportive Environment"
- Computer or Tablet Recommended
- Revision Assignments
- Instructor Feedback
- In-Class Writing
- Craft Lessons
- Short Fiction