In-Person Seminars & Events Fall 2021
We're opening our doors for a few very limited seminars, open houses, and free writing sessions this fall to test out our new digs. If you’re interested in joining us in-person this fall, check out our list of upcoming offerings below and register today!
In our new building, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for everyone visiting the second floor, where all classes will be held. This means that all students must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to take classes with us in-person. Please submit your proof of vaccination here at least 48 hours before your class begins. And don’t forget your mask! In accordance with the City of Boston, masks will be required at all times while inside the building. Learn more about our vaccine and mask policy.
Wondering about how to get to our new space? GrubStreet's Center for Creative Writing is located on the southeast side of the 50 Liberty Drive building, facing the Marina and the ICA. Learn more about traveling to GrubStreet's new home.
- Novel Essentials: Narrative Perspective: Saturday, October 16th, 10:30am-1:30pm with Ursula DeYoung
- Writing Critters: Animal Characters in Fiction and Nonfiction: Wednesday, October 27th, 6:00pm-9:00pm with E.B. Bartels
- Short Story Revision and Submission Strategies Bootcamp: Saturday, November 6th, 10:30am-1:30pm with Shubha Sunder
- The Self, The Writer and The Story: Saturday, November 13th, 10:30am-1:30pm with Simone Dalton
- The New Weird: Wednesday, November 17th, 6:00pm-9:00pm with Peter Medeiros
- Interiority: Fiction’s Inner Landscape: Saturday, December 11th, 10:30am-1:30pm with Timothy Weed
- Novel Generator Open House: Wednesday, October 13th, 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Spring 2022 Open House: Monday, December 6th, 5:30pm-7:00pm [Registration Link Coming Soon]
- Novel Incubator Open House: Wednesday, December 8th, 6:00pm-7:00pm [Registration Link Coming Soon]
Free Writing Sessions
- Seaport Free Writes: Wednesday, October 6th, 12:15pm-1:30pm with Ethan Gilsdorf
- Seaport Free Writes: Friday, October 22nd, 5:30pm-6:30pm with Stacy Mattingly
- Seaport Free Writes: Wednesday, November 10th, 12:15pm-1:30pm with Peter Medeiros
- Seaport Free Writes: Friday, December 3rd, 5:30pm-6:30pm with E.B. Bartels