Looking for some literary fun and writerly inspiration? Attending one of GrubStreet's free events is a great way to get motivated, meet the community, and learn more about different programs at GrubStreet.
Free Virtual Writing Sessions
Meet fellow writers and get your creative juices flowing with some great writing exercises in these free writing sessions taking place during the day and at night. Learn more.
- Check out our YAWP Saturday Sessions for teens and our Write Down the Street workshops.
- April Friday Night Writes, Friday, April 7th, from 5:30pm-6:30pm (EST) with Black Pruitt
- April Grubby Desk Lunch, Wednesday, April 12th, from 12:30pm-1:15pm (EST) with A.J. Rodriguez
At the Center for Creative Writing
Visit GrubStreet's Center for Creative Writing in Boston's Seaport and watch writers take the stage. Learn more.
- Katherine Sherbrooke, The Hidden Life of Aster Kelly, with Rachel Barenbaum, Tuesday, April 4th at 7:00pm (EST)
- Novel Incubator Graduation Reading 2023, Saturday, April 8th from 6:00pm-9:00pm (EST)
- Samira Mehta, "The Racism of People Who Love You," Tuesday, April 11th, from 7:00pm-8:00pm (EST)
- Blair Hurley, author of Minor Prophets, in conversation with Courtney Sender and Ilyon Woo, Tuesday, May 2nd at 7:00pm (EST)
In-Person Free Writing Sessions:
- Wednesday Writing "Date" Night, Wednesday, April 5th, 6:30pm-8:30pm (EST)
- Seaport Free Writes, Friday, April 28th, from 5:30pm-6:30pm (EST) with Sam Cha
Open House & Info Sessions
Learn more about GrubStreet and all of our programs at one of our open house & info sessions. Learn more.
- Summer 2023 Virtual Open House & Info Session, Tuesday, May 2nd, from 5:30pm-6:30pm (EST)
- Summer 2023 Open House and Showcase, Wednesday, May 17th, from 5:30pm-7:00pm (EST)
Grubbie Debut Author Series
Join us for a celebratory reading and conversation series that goes behind the scenes with different members of the GrubStreet community who are all launching their debut books. Learn more.