Classrooms and Upstairs Community Space
GrubStreet’s classrooms and community space are available for rent depending on availability for seminars, meetings, and conference mingling. They are equipped with smart TV technology and owl cameras for hybrid meetings. Any classroom rental comes with access to our community space and social spine for breaks, meals, and beautiful views during the rental.
You Should Know
- All rates start at the time of event set up and end when the event has been cleared.
- Our center is open between 10 am and 6 pm Monday through Friday. If your hours fall outside of our staffed time, please reach out as we may be able to come up with a solution to keep your event supported.
- All organizations must provide a Certificate of Insurance at least one week prior to the rental. Please reach out to [email protected] for a template.
- The lead host must provide an attendance list to GrubStreet’s Operations team before the end of the rental.
- Classroom rentals require a 15% nonrefundable down payment at least 2 days prior to the rental.
- We are happy to help with Fabulist Café orders or meal delivery. Any meal delivery, café orders, or specific AV should be communicated as soon as possible.
- All beer and wine consumed or served within the GrubStreet Center for Creative Writing must be purchased through the café. Please reach out to [email protected] to get more information or place an order.
- We are committed to making our space as accessible as possible, please reach out with specific questions or concerns.
- Upstairs space rentals have a minimum booking time of 2 hours.
Classroom Equipment and AV
- PCs connected to the TV screen or wired connection from a personal computer
- OWL Cameras for video calls
- GrubStreet pens and notepads as requested
- Elevator access to the second floor
- Coatrack and hangers
- Assistive Listening Device system
Classroom Space Rates
Classrooms 2,5,6,7: $100 per hour. Full-day classroom rentals are available at a rate of $500 per day. These rooms can host up to 12 individuals seated.
Multi-Media Space/Classroom 3+4: $150 per hour. Full-day classroom rentals are available at a rate of $600 per day. These rooms can host up to 26 individuals seated. This space has a retractable wall that can split the room into two distinct ones for breakout groups or other needs.
Community Space: $150 per hour. This space is open air so while we can stanchion it off, it will not be fully private. The community space is ideal for receptions not requiring any tech.
*If you are unclear about which category your event falls under, are interested in hearing about other solutions, or would like to request a rental please contact [email protected]