Short Fiction Essentials Series: Submitting Your Story
You made it! You’re satisfied with the final draft of your short story and ready to send it out for publication. In the final course in our short fiction essentials series, the instructor will demystify the process of submitting work for publication. She’ll guide you through the process of generating a tracking system, creating deliverables that are key to any submission process, and knowing which publications you should be reading. You’ll leave with a cover letter, bios, a tracking system, and, of course, a story that’s been successfully submitted to a publication. Students should bring a laptop to class.
This is part of GrubStreet's Short Fiction Essentials Series, a series dedicated to the craft and process of writing short fiction from start to finish. Classes include:
- Short Fiction Essentials: Generating the Idea and Committing to It
- Short Fiction Essentials: From Idea to Draft
- Short Fiction Essentials: Revising Your Draft, Part I
- Short Fiction Essentials: Revising Your Draft, Part II
- Short Fiction Essentials: Final Draft
- Short Fiction Essentials: Submitting Your Story
Previous Students Say
- "Supportive Environment"
- Generate New Work
- Craft Lessons
- In-Class Writing
- Computer or Tablet Recommended
- Short Fiction