Short Fiction Essentials Series: Final Draft
You’re almost there! You’ve got a great idea and formed it into a compelling story, revised it, and you're ready for the next steps. In this penultimate course in the short fiction essentials series, we’ll read and workshop our revised drafts. Students will receive drafts to read and comment on in the week prior to the class. In class, you’ll discuss your final feedback and, with the instructor, come up with a plan for final revisions. The class is open to students who have taken the "Revising Your Draft" seminar or who have worked on the draft they intend to submit in a similar advanced workshop.
This is part of GrubStreet's Short Fiction Essentials Series, a series dedicated to the craft and process of writing short fiction from start to finish. Classes include:
- Short Fiction Essentials: Generating the Idea and Committing to It
- Short Fiction Essentials: From Idea to Draft
- Short Fiction Essentials: Revising Your Draft, Part I
- Short Fiction Essentials: Revising Your Draft, Part II
- Short Fiction Essentials: Final Draft
- Short Fiction Essentials: Submitting Your Story
Previous Students Say
- "Supportive Environment"
- "Inundated with Great Info"
- Craft Lessons
- Instructor Feedback
- Revision Assignments
- Computer or Tablet Recommended
- Short Fiction