Kate Fussner Talks About Her Debut Novel-In-Verse, The Song of Us
This post was originally published on Dead Darlings, a blog about novel writing run by alumni of GrubStreet's Novel Incubator program.
A “verse novel,” or “novel in verse,” is a novel-length narrative told via poetry
Apply Today: Summer Advanced Workshops
This summer, take your writing to the next level in one of GrubStreet's Advanced Workshops:
- Advanced Revision and Submission Strategies: Fiction with Colin Corrigan
- Advanced Personal Essay Workshop with Theresa Okokon
- Advanced Novel Workshop with Nora Corrigan
- Advanced Poetry Workshop with Sam Cha
- Advanced Revision and Submission Strategies: Nonfiction with Dorian Fox
- Advanced Fiction Workshop with Evgeniya Dame
- Advanced Memoir Workshop with Kayla Degala-Paraíso
Each advanced class is by application only and limited to 9 students to foster a closer and more rigorous learning experience. But don't wait! Apply before the deadline on Monday, May 22.
As always, scholarships are available for …
Join Us for our Novel Incubator Open House
Interested in taking your novel to the next level? Join us for an informal Q&A session on our Novel Incubator program. Instructor Michelle Hoover will answer any questions you have about the Novel Incubator program
Writing Your First Novel? Be Messy and Be Radical
GrubStreet Instructor Elizabeth Santiago shares how craft books can help you without writing your novel for you. You can learn more in the Novel Generator, taught by Liz, taking place at our location in Boston's Seaport.
What Can Films Teach Us As Writers?
GrubStreet Instructor Tim Horvath talks the bounds of fiction and film and what we have to learn from our favorite movies. You can learn more in his upcoming Online: Zoom multi-week class, Cinefiction: Improving Your Stories Through Film, starting Wednesday, July 20th.