Teen Writers, Join our April Vacation Week of Creative Writing
Want to safely get together with other teen creative writers in a relaxed way online that doesn’t feel like school? Well, we here at Grub have put together a 4-day class that provides a balance of creative writing craft sessions and exercises. It also includes plenty of optional components so you can advance your creative skills while taking screen breaks if needed.
Each morning session will feature a craft talk or exercise for the full class, followed by a lunch break.
Each afternoon will feature an optional session that will include one of the following remote activities, which the instructor will announce:
- Silent group writing with music and available Q&A chat with the writing instructor.
- Book club/silent reading party and optional chat (if the class wants to read the same book, it will be provided to all students via ebook at the student’s registered email address).
- Guest instructor session on varying topics.
- Group movie viewing followed by a class Q&A about craft techniques reflected in the movie.
- Virtual field trips to museums and other virtual venues.
- Online writing game(s).
- Open Mic/sharing.
The afternoons will be both optional and low-key, so anyone can opt-out if they are tired or dive in if they want more shared creative activity.
This class is open to beginner or more experienced teen writers who work in any genre. Whatever style of writing you want to try or expand, bring your early ideas, questions, and drafts. Work on your projects in the company of other word lovers. Register today!
Plenty of scholarships are available. (Click here for more info on our super easy scholarship application process.)