Don’t Leave a Writer Behind This Tuesday
GrubStreet has come a long way from a flyer nailed to a Brookline tree 22 years ago. Today, we now serve over 6,000 writers a year and offer scholarships for classes and our annual conference to over 400 writers. None of this would be possible without supporters like you. In the next 24 hours, you can join us this #GivingTuesday by supporting our mission to offer you and fellow writers life-changing and accessible resources.
Five reasons to give:
- Your gift keeps our class rates affordable and allows us to offer 400 scholarships a year!
- Writers can take free writing classes at library branches in Mattapan, Egleston Square, and East Boston.
- Homeless teens and women are able to take free writing classes at The Brookview House and Y2Y shelters.
- We’re able to host visits from award-winning authors like Mira Jacob and Alexander Chee to speak to teens and writers of color.
- You can help a writer attend our annual Muse & The Marketplace Conference for free!
Here’s how your generosity can empower a writer to share their stories:
- $10 = MBTA passes for our Summer Teen Fellows
- $25 = lunch and snacks for two low-income teens in our free Saturday youth program
- $30 = submission fees for a writing contest or literary journal for a writer of color
- $50 = a one-day writing class, snacks, lunch, and writing supplies for a homeless teen
- $100 = free community events such as our Happy Hour Writing Sessions and Brown Bag Lunches
- $150 = a scholarship for a 4-week class
- $260 = a scholarship for a writer to attend our annual writing conference, The Muse & the Marketplace
- $500 = a scholarship for a 12-week class
Ways you can support:
- Deliver a check payable to GrubStreet by mail or in person at the front desk
- Give online at grubstreet.org/give/donate
- Speak with a member of Development at (617) 695-0075
- Ask for a pledge card at the front desk
- Become a GrubStreet member today!
Your gift of any amount today will make a tremendous impact and break barriers for storytellers. Make a donation today. For more information about our #GivingTuesday efforts, contact Development Associate Serina Gousby at [email protected]