Grub instructor and marketing expert Allison Hoch on why personal marketing for writers is important even before the book launch--even before the book sale, for that matter. You can catch Allison in person on Saturday, October 12th, in her one-day class, Marketing and Platform Building for Writers - Whether You're Published or Not.
September 20, 2019 | Allison Hoch
Do you have a teen writer in your life? Let them know about our free YAWP Saturday sessions, coming back this fall! Our teen workshops cover a variety of topics such as fiction, memoir, slam poetry, and much more.
Check our classes for the next FREE YAWP Saturday Session take place on Saturday, September 21st:
- Unpacking the Poetry Toolkit with Marlon Carey
- Trick or Treat: Writing Horror & Dark Fantasy with Jess Mann
- Your Adventure, Your Way: Stories with Multiple Endings with Drew Jameson
Get your hard hats ready! Before construction begins, we're hosting our first public preview of GrubStreet's new space with special guest Mayor Martin J. Walsh on Thursday, September 19th from 3:30pm - 5:30pm. Join the GrubStreet community and be among the first to tour our raw space, meet our architectural firm, and hear from the Mayor and other members of the GrubStreet community about our vision for creating an arts space for everyone.
- Personal Narrative Essentials: Finding Your Narrative Arc (9/20)
- Novel Essentials: Pacing (9/20)
- Writing the Sitcom Spec (9/20)
- Keeping the 'Pro' in Protagonist (9/21)
- Publishing Your Book in Today's Changing World (9/27)
- The Novel Series: Outlining Your Novel (9/27) - Sold Out
- Jumpstart Your Writing (9/27 ...
Craft on Draft is a reading series created and managed by alumni of GrubStreet's Novel Incubator program and devoted to great fiction—and the mechanics behind it. Three authors read and discuss their work, plus that of one lucky audience member. So grab a drink, a page of your own writing, and come craft your own draft.