The Muse 2013 | Sponsor the MuseThe Muse conference annually presents businesses, non-profits and foundations with an unique opportunity to appeal to a sophisticated audience of cultural patrons and consumers – including Grub Street’s community of more than 10,000 – while directly enriching Boston’s artistic and literary landscape. All contributions are tax-deductible. We invite you to join us by participating in one of the following sponsorship opportunities and are pleased to offer the following rewards at each level. We are also happy to tailor sponsorship packages to suit your business' needs. Please contact Whitney Scharer, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.695.0075 for details.
| Awkword Paper Cut
| Book Architecture
| Blue Pencil Consulting
69 Collins Street
Danvers, MA 01923
Tel: 978 777 8840
|Bread Loaf Writers' Conference
Middlebury, VT 05753
|The Drum Literary Magazine
A Literary Magazine For Your Ears
Literature Out Loud: Submit short fiction and essays to www.drumlitmag.com/
|Journal of the Month Club
|Mass Cultural Council
|National Endowment for the Arts
296 Walnut St.
|Porter Square Books
25 White St.
(Porter Square Shopping Center)
543 Massachusetts Ave.
West Acton, MA 01720
|UMass - Boston
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Boulevard
Boston, MA 02125-3393
|The Writers' Room
|Zachary Shuster Harmsworth Literary and Entertainment Agency
535 Boylston Street, 11th Floor
Benefits of Sponsorship
Sponsors will be rewarded in ways that make the most sense to them based on their level of sponsorship. Here are some of the benefits that can be customized to fit any package.
- Online Links and Logos
Reach an educated audience of readers, writers and publishers.
- Printed Materials
Sponsors will be recognized in keepsake programs given to attendees and used for marketing purposes. Ad space is also available.
- Exhibition Space
Enjoy access to attendees with a table and/or signage in the registration area
- Flyers and Company info in Attendee Packets
Get maximum attention with brochures or flyers in participants' folders.
- Sponsor a Session
Introduce a guest speaker and have the opportunity to speak about your business before the session.
- Sponsor an Emerging Writer
Name a sponsorship after your business or organization, and help a struggling writer fulfill their career aspirations. For $500, an emerging writer will be able to attend one day of the conference; for $1000, they can attend the entire conference and participate in the Manuscript Mart. We’ll highlight your sponsorship of a scholarship in all conference materials.
- Sponsor a “Shop Talk” Lunch Table
Get your promotional materials in front of the people who matter most: the movers and shakers in the publishing world. For $1000, you can sponsor a “Shop Talk” table related to your business interests. We’ll highlight your sponsorship at the table and in all conference materials.
- Attend the Conference
Major sponsors can attend The Muse free of charge. Sponsorship level determines the number of guest entries.
- Special Recognition at the Event
Sponsors will be thanked from the podium during the keynote lunch.
- Networking Opportunities
Come to the swanky invitation-only VIP parties on Friday, May 4th and hobnob with industry professionals, guest authors and Boston's literati.
Sample Sponsorship Packages
Keynote Lunch Sponsor ~ $20,000
• Public acknowledgement at conference by Grub Street leadership
• Opportunity to place promotional materials and signs at all lunch tables
• Four full-access passes to The Muse workshops and panels ($1200 value)
• Six tickets to The Muse VIP cocktail party for authors and agents on Friday, May 4th
• Full page advertisement on inside front cover of The Muse program
• All Visiting Artists Sponsor-level benefits
• Four full-access passes to The Muse workshops and panels ($1500 value)
• Full-page advertisement on outside back cover of The Muse program
• All Patron-level benefits
Wordsmith Sponsor ~ $5,000
• Two full-access passes to The Muse workshops and panels ($700 value)
• Public acknowledgement at opening day of conference by Grub Street leadership
• A year of advertising on the Grub Street Daily (over 20,000 unique visitors)
• Full page advertisement on inside or outside back cover of The Muse program (two available)
• Four tickets to The Muse VIP cocktail party for authors and agents on Friday, May 4th
• All Session-level benefits
Session Sponsor ~ $2,500
• Opportunity to host one-hour seminar at the conference to promote your business or organization
• Promotional materials included in all attendees’ packets and in registration area
• Full page advertisement in The Muse program
• All Supporting-level benefits
Supporting Sponsor ~ $1,000
• All Contributing Sponsor benefits, plus
• 1/2 page advertisement in The Muse program
• Opportunity to display books or promotional material in registration area
• Three months of advertising on the Grub Street Daily, Grub's blog
• Inclusion in the conference press release and all PR outreach
• One basic access pass to The Muse workshops and panels ($365 value)
• One annual Grub Street membership ($60 value)
• Two tickets to The Muse VIP cocktail party for authors and agents on Friday, May 4th
Contributing Sponsor ~ $500
• 1/4 page advertisement in The Muse program
• Name recognition in conference program and on pre-event promotional materials
• Name and/or logo acknowledgement with link on the Grub Street website
• Opportunity to promote your events in our weekly email newsletter