Seeking Tech Geniuses
June 19th, 2013
We at Grub Street are starting a new "Genius Bar." Like its namesake at Apple, this would be a place where writers could come to get help with various technological needs. We're looking for potential "geniuses" to be a part of this (paid!) service.
We want this to be a place where writers may drop in for:
- Orientation around Scrivener, Freedom, and other software for writers
- Orientation around promotional services/software: Kickstarter, Indiegogo, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- Orientation/technical help with Twitter, Facebook Pages, and other social media sites
- Getting help with author websites
- Getting help setting up a blog or other online presence
- Getting help with multimedia on one's sites (creating/editing videos, photos, etc.)
- Getting help with the technicalities of e-book publishing
We're seeking new "geniuses" with a range of skills. These might be:
- Site builders, familiar with a variety of CMS's
- Hardware gurus, on both Macs and PCs
- Social media experts
- People highly familiar with relevant software (Scrivener, Dropbox, etc.)
- People highly familiar with e-book publishing services (Vook, etc.)
***Our geniuses needn't be writers themselves, though an interest/passion in reading/writing is a plus!
If you are interested, please contact email@example.com.